CenturyLink is a service provider that offers internet and home phone services in 36 states in the U.S. It provides Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) and fiber internet and has been dubbed as the 4th largest fiber internet provider and the 3rd largest DSL provider in the U.S. It provides services to both residential neighborhoods and businesses. Its core strength is its wide availability in rural America.
CenturyLink internet services are especially popular for being reasonably priced and widely available. While their fiber internet still has limited availability, they have done a great job in ensuring DSL remains a great option for urban and suburban communities. You can also bundle up your internet plan or internet + phone bundles with TV services.
As mentioned before, CenturyLink is available in 36 states in the U.S., so let’s take a look at them. But before that, here are the top states where CenturyLink is widely available and the population it serves:
- Arizona – 5,346,748
- Colorado – 4,637,775
- Washington – 4,550,188
- Minnesota – 3,897,159
- Florida – 3,586,619
- North Carolina – 2,969,200
- Oregon – 2,475,333
Here are the rest of the states where you can find CenturyLink services commonly as well:
- North Dakota
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
If you live in any one of these states, chances of CenturyLink serving in your area are high, but not definite. To know for sure if it is available in your specific area, you should check on the website or talk to a customer support agent and confirm availability.
Keep in mind that fiber internet availability is limited and also that certain conditions are subjected to certain locations.
CenturyLink Plans and Pricing
So, after you have confirmed availability, the next step is to check the plans and pricing of CenturyLink and to find the right internet speed for you within your budget. In the table given below, you can see that the internet speed is defined in ranges and there are two options for DSL and one option for fiber.
For DSL, you get to have more or less speed, depending on your choice, with the same price. Whereas, for fiber, since there is only one option, you get high-speed internet for a reasonable price along with many other benefits of fiber internet connection.
|Internet Plan||Internet Speeds||Data Allowance||Pricing||Conditions||Great for|
|CenturyLink Internet||15 – 20 Mbps||Unlimited||$50/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay requiredAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges appliedSpeed availability subject to location||Downloading files, videos, and musicWork from home Online schooling/learningStreamingBrowsing/surfingOnline shoppingPlaying games|
|CenturyLink Internet||40 – 100 Mbps||Unlimited||$50/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay requiredAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges appliedSpeed availability subject to location||Connecting multiple devicesWork from homeOnline schooling/learningOnline shoppingPaying bills onlineAccess to news, entertainment, etc.Browsing/surfingDownloading files, videos, and music|
|CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit||Up to 940 Mbps||Unlimited||$65/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay requiredAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges applySpeed availability subject to location||Streaming HD and 4K content on multiple devicesPlaying online multiplayer gamesBacking up the entire hard drive to the cloudDownloading and uploading heavy files Work from homeOnline schooling/learning|
Not only do the internet plans themselves have so many benefits, but you also get the option of added benefits below:
- Customer support – CenturyLink offers around-the-clock 24/7 customer support for its users. In case you run into any issues, you can contact their service centers. Even more so, you get troubleshooting tips to resolve any problems after outages or any other reason by yourself. You can also book service appointments using your CenturyLink account and manage the services.
- Seamless installation – In the case of installation, you can choose from two options: Pro or DIY. For DIY, the kit comes with an instruction guide that explains the activation process step-by-step. This kit only comes with a DSL connection, not a fiber internet connection. The Pro option costs $125 and an expert technician comes to install the equipment and set up your internet.
- Parental controls – Parental controls give you control of your kids’ devices and their screen time. You can manage and set up a time limit for the connection of the internet to their devices. You can also make sure that they do not access any websites with explicit or harmful content to keep them safe.
- My CenturyLink app – My CenturyLink app lets you personalize your network and manage the devices connected to the network. With this app, you can check the signal strength and run speed tests, and much more.
- CenturyLink complete Wi-Fi – This includes a wireless modem with Wi-Fi 6 advanced technology which has 3-4 times faster connectivity and greater data capacity than Wi-Fi 5. It also has an extended battery life and seamless 24/7 customer support for multiple users and devices.
|CenturyLink bundle||Connection type||Internet speeds||Bundle features||Pricing||Conditions|
|Simply Unlimited Internet & Simply Unlimited Phone||DSL||Up to 100 Mbps||Work from homeOnline shoppingPay bills online with easeNo delays or lag time in calls||$90/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay requiredAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges appliedSpeed availability subject to locationRate excludes CTL fees|
|Fiber Gigabit & Simply Unlimited Phone||Fiber||Up to 940 Mbps||Large families with much usage of the internetStaying connectedSuper-fast speedsTalking to people across countries without any limits||$105/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay requiredAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges applySpeed availability subject to locationRate excludes CTL fees|
Add More Value to Your CenturyLink bundles
You can purchase any one of the bundles in the table above, or even just an internet plan and add a TV subscription to that as well. You can choose from one of the following:
- DIRECTV – A popular satellite TV service in the U.S. that delivers many choices of content and best picture format with 99% signal reliability.
- DISH TV – Another popular satellite TV service in the U.S. that can get you high-end TV equipment like Hopper Duo so you can get an advanced viewing experience.
- AT&T TV – This is one of the best IPTV services available in 20+ states. It gets you live and on-demand movies and dramas on your screen so you start streaming instantly. You don’t even need a dish or cable box for this!
CenturyLink is undoubtedly a great option for you if it is available in your area. With unlimited data allowance, great speeds, and wonderful benefits, it is hard to miss out on its services. If, however, their services are not available in your area, you can still find almost similar options by comparing their plans and packages to other ISP’s plans and packages.
You can do that by visiting our website, BuyTVInternetPhone, and entering your ZIP code to find out which service providers are available in your area. Then, you can go ahead and compare the pricing, benefits, features, etc. of different internet plans and bundles to find the perfect one for you!