If you’re a Grubhub driver, you know that securing blocks – scheduled shifts during which you have priority access to delivery requests – is crucial for maximizing your earnings and ensuring a steady stream of orders. However, getting blocks can sometimes be competitive, especially during peak hours. In this guide, we’ll explore effective strategies for getting blocks on Grubhub, including tips for scheduling shifts, maximizing your availability, and increasing your chances of securing coveted time slots.
Understanding Block Availability
- Popular Time Slots: Blocks are typically available during peak meal times, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as weekends and holidays when demand for food delivery is high.
- Limited Availability: Block availability varies depending on factors such as location, market demand, and the number of drivers in your area. Popular time slots may fill up quickly, so it’s essential to plan ahead and act fast when scheduling blocks.
Strategies for Getting Blocks
- Schedule in Advance: Plan your schedule in advance and schedule blocks as soon as they become available. Popular time slots tend to fill up quickly, so it’s best to secure your shifts early to ensure you get the times you want.
- Be Flexible: Keep an eye out for last-minute block openings or opportunities to extend your shift if you’re available. Being flexible with your schedule can increase your chances of getting blocks, especially during peak hours when demand is high.
- Check for Openings: Monitor the Grubhub driver app regularly for any available blocks in your area. Time slots may open up due to cancellations or changes in demand, so it’s worth checking frequently for new opportunities.
- Set Availability Alerts: Enable notifications or alerts in the Grubhub driver app to receive notifications when new blocks become available. This allows you to stay informed about any openings in your area and act quickly to secure shifts.
- Utilize the Waitlist: If your preferred time slots are fully booked, consider adding yourself to the waitlist for those shifts. Drivers on the waitlist may be notified if a spot opens up due to cancellations or changes in demand.
Maximizing Your Availability
- Open Availability: Keep your schedule as open as possible to increase your chances of getting blocks. The more available you are, the more opportunities you’ll have to secure shifts during peak hours.
- Peak Times: Prioritize scheduling blocks during peak meal times, weekends, and holidays when demand for food delivery is highest. These time slots typically offer the most earning potential and opportunities for bonuses.
- Consistent Performance: Maintain a high level of performance on the Grubhub platform to increase your chances of getting blocks. Accepting orders promptly, completing deliveries on time, and providing excellent customer service can improve your driver rating and reputation, making you more attractive to Grubhub and increasing your chances of receiving priority access to blocks.
Getting blocks on Grubhub requires a combination of strategy, flexibility, and consistency. By scheduling shifts in advance, being flexible with your availability, monitoring for openings, utilizing the waitlist, maximizing your availability, and maintaining a high level of performance, you can increase your chances of securing coveted time slots and maximizing your earnings as a Grubhub driver. So don’t wait – start planning your schedule, keep an eye out for opportunities, and get ready to hit the road and deliver delicious meals to hungry customers with Grubhub.